Friday, October 30, 2009

Wow...Long Time No See...

Okay, so I have realized that I stink at this whole blogging thing...since I last wrote, there has been so much to happen!!! 1st off we had a wonderful summer! Crazy to think since Trent still doesn't have a job, but we actually went on 3 vacations this summer! We went to Disney World with my family the week after school let out and the boys had a blast! They loved the character dinners and rides and everything that Disney entails. Then we went to the beach with Trent's family. Brayden fell asleep in the ocean and Asher wasn't a fan, but slept on the beach instead. Then we went back to the beach with Paul, Maw-Maw and Ronald (and I went and picked up Shannon and Shae about halfway through the trip). The boys were still about the same as far as the ocean and the sand the second go-round. We also celebrated Asher's 1st birthday on June 30th with a big Mickey and Friends birthday party! I made him a mickey mouse cake using a round cake and a small bowl to make the ears! It was exhausting, but so much fun! We had a little pool and sprinkler for the kids to play in, but Asher wasn't a real fan of either of them! He preferred to just play in the dry grass with a ball or whatever! We celebrated Trent's birthday in Florida. Then we celebrated Brayden's birthday with a Buzz and Woody birthday! I didn't have a pan for these, so I made a sheet cake and literally drew Buzz and Woody onto the cake with icing. Not my favorite, but he knew who it was and loved it, so that was all that mattered. We also got a big jumpy thing for him to play in and after all the kids left, we (me, Trent, Brayden and Asher) got in it and jumped for a while, then did what Brayden wanted to do the whole time...sat in a corner of the thing and read books! It was so much fun!
After our busy summer it was time for school to start back. Trent had a job for 3 days with the CDC, then they let him go saying that they didn't think he would require any training...what job doesn't expect you to need "any" training...but God sustained us and now Trent is watching the boys during the day and going to school at night to be an early childhood teacher. He and Paul are going together (Paul got laid off the day Trent started his job with the CDC-Aug. 3, then Trent got let go 3 days later, so it opened the door for them to do this together!) I know it helps them having each other to be accountable to. My work is same-old same-old...I actually have pretty good kids this year for the most part and although I'm teaching a new subject area, I am really enjoying it! :)
And the kicker...Brayden started pre-school the Tuesday after Labor Day! His teachers are Ms. Lyniece and Ms. Cheryl. He loves them and his friends so much! He is such a big boy now! We just had our first parent/teacher conference yesterday after his Halloween party and we found out that he is doing really well in class. They love his personality, but oddly enough...my child who loves playing the piano at both of his grandparents houses and the drums, saxaphone, whatever will make noise at our house...well, he doesn't like to participate in...you guessed it...MUSIC!!!! This makes no sense to us, but I guess kids will be kids...
Asher is now walking and talking (some). He had a really bad incident a few weeks back with his breathing and was diagnosed with full blown asthma. He was having a hard time breathing and when I took him to the dr. they had to give him a breathing treatment, shot of epinepherin (sp?) and orapred (oral steroid) and nothing worked! That's when they rushed us to Gwinnett Medical (they said they didn't want to chance it with us going to Scottish Rite or anywhere else) and they gave him an hour long treatment! It was so sad seeing him like this. He is still having a hard time with his lungs (coughing/wheezing), but hopefully things will start getting better soon! His best friend is Dusty (Uncle Paul's dog)-just ask Brayden...he'll tell you!
At any rate...all is well and now that I'm getting back into the swing of things at work, maybe I can write on this a little more often :)
Take care everyone and I'm sorry I wrote so much...I tried to shorten 5 months into a single post! :) Oh, and when I get a chance, I will add pics from all our festivities!!!

No comments: