Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh the CHANGES we're seeing...

So, I'm writing this post with a still aggrivated heart...not a good thing I know, but "it is what it is"-my new life moto...
Well, I must start by saying that Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was such a blessing to spend time with family and eat until our hearts were content :) The day after Thanksgiving shopping was not so great! Fun-we had it (me, momma, Shannon and Shae), but money-we didn't! We spent most of our time this year people watching and window shopping. If you weren't aware, my daddy lost his job the day before Thanksgiving! He was okay with it, but I just can't figure out how you can be so cruel! It's funny we keep hearing about how things are getting better, but when my dad went to the unemployment office on Monday he waited over 4 hours to be seen!!! That doesn't sound like things are getting much better people?! Trent and I are also in a bind right now...at the mercy of the government...They said he was under investigation b/c he was hired w/G.C. Schools as a sub; however, he hasn't worked a single day, so his unemployment shouldn't be affected. We got confirmation just before Thanksgiving that things were okay; however, we have yet to receive a check in 3 weeks!
Okay, that's enough venting about adult life...let's talk the wonderful innocent world of children...
Brayden and Asher are growing up so quickly! It was so cute...on Thanksgiving we made t-shirts with them and used their handprints to make turkeys on them. This is a tradition I think I may keep doing b/c it's a neat way to keep up with their hands growing each year! Brayden's favorite thing this Thanksgiving was PUMPKIN PIE! I have never made a pumpkin pie in my life, but now I can say that I have made several. I have the easiest recipe...a can of pumpkin, jar of marshmallow fluff, 1/2 container of whip cream (approx. 4 ozs), and cinnamon to taste. You just mix it all together and pour into a pie shell and put it in the fridge! So easy (and pretty good-I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but I shall say that Brayden ate probably 3 pies!) I'm not sure what Asher's favorite thing was...he typially loves food in general. I would dare say that he ate his weight on turkey day in GREEN BEANS.
You know...it's times like these when you look for the simple blessings in life. We don't have a lot of money, but we have a wonderful family and a great group of friends. Thank you to each one of you for everything!
Please keep us in your prayers...God is Great and He has provided for us soo much, but it just helps to know that we've got friends and family out there praying for us and lifting us up. We too will be praying for you. Times are tough (in my family at Thanksgiving-5/9 of the men were unemployed!) This is the time we must stick together and lift each other up! May God bless you and your family this Christmas season and may we all not forget the true meaning of Christmas...it's not about the gifts, but about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his birth. Take time to spend with the ones you love this season!

No comments: